Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Your Memories

As most of you know, I recently did this facebook thing: "Leave one memory that you and I have together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Don't send a message, leave a comment on here. Next, re-post this in your notes and see how many people leave a memory about you." Here are the replies that I got:

Jenn: "When Mike was a teeny tiny boy he walked up to a sand dune in his Saskachewonian backyard, sat down in the concave side, and called it his office."

Kyle Jensen: "Do you remember when Zac and Kyler were slapping my wrists with wet wash clothes for roughly 15 minutes while you just looked on with a mix of disgust and laughter??"

Kevin Calder: "Just wanna be your teddy bear - oooohh"

Amy: "I once, accidently, stuck a hook in one of Mike's eyes -- he was surprisingly calm about it."

Heidi: "One time, I was kissing Nosh on Mike's couch and Mike high-fiived me."

Brady Cahoon: "Kyle, don't forget that I was there slapping your wrists with the wet wash cloth too!

Mike, so many glorious memories of visiting you late at night at the HOJO! Hoo Hah!!! Still remain vivid in my memory. The one time where we stayed and watched Donny Darko was nice. Lookin' for the good ones. Dorgon."

Rachel: "I remember almost getting you beat up by flagrantly throwing pickles at troubled youth. I'm still impressed with how you leapt right over that fence like it wasn't there." (Want the full story? Go here: http://hyper90s.blogspot.com/2009/02/pickle-tossing.html)

Neil: "Shopping carts thown out of the back of the truck on the highway!" (Full story here: http://hyper90s.blogspot.com/2009/02/shopping-cart-tossing.html)

David Prince: "The first thing that comes to mind is sitting in our crappy house in the jungles of the Philippines, after chasing out the rats, after a long day sweating in the 35 degree weather, watching Mike tend his ingrown toenail that had recently been operated on. Those were the days. As well as chopped up BBQ'd chicken on a stick.....mmmm.....jungle chicken."

Mum: "Ah Mike. I remember the night you were born. After three lovely girls, you were a pleasant surprise, and we finally got to use the name we had chosen for our second son before we were married. You were so cute and little...well a big baby, but a little boy. Loved you then, love you now."

Sara: "sitting in the back of the neighbours jeep with you while your face was hanging open and your jaw was broken, and jolting you awake everytime you tried to fall asleep."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your other blogs won't let me post, but maybe you want it that way

Michael MacKenzie said...

It's probably doing that thing where it only let's people with blogspot accounts post comments. I'll go change it now.