Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mike Through The Ages

Inspired by Mum's recent blog post, here are pictures of me over the years. I don't have any baby pictures on this computer, so I'll start in 1985 (the year Avril was born, so that's close enough).
The famous starving-dungeon-prisoner picture. This was taken in the summer 0f 1985 in Nova Scotia. Mary and I were staying with Grammie and Granddad while the rest of the family did a cross-continent car trip.
Here I am with Jake and Noah in the winter of 1989 in Raymond. Looking good, boys.
This was taken at the beginning of my senior year at Raymond High School, which was the fall of 1995. I was 17 years old and, I've never been better-looking. Man, I wish my hair was still that thick!
And here I am at the end of my senior year (spring 1996) with my prom date, Alison. It was the start of a long, interesting friendship.
This was taken around the mid-point of my mission. This would have been either December 1999 or January 2000. I'm modeling what coconuts actually look like. I'm also skinny. This was in Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines.
September 17, 2004. The day I married Avril Laqua. Also the day, I'm told, that Noah and Heidi decided that they were going to get married, carrying on the tradition of Noah's life reflecting my own. Avril and I were married in Cardston, and our reception was in Stirling.
Me and my boys, Alex and Kenny, in October 2008 in Edmonton. I'm not as skinny as I was in 1985 or 1999, and I'm not as handsome as I was in 1995, but I sure am happier.

7 comments:

Greg said...

That's nice Mike, but are you really losing your hair? I hadn't noticed.

Michael MacKenzie said...

I'm not going bald, but my hair's not as thick as it was in the 90s. It was REALLY thick in the 90s.

Anonymous said...

all classic mike photos

Pat MacKenzie said...

Sure glad you're happy Mike. A good spouse and kids will do that to you. And we all wish we were thinner!

Anonymous said...

I wish there were some baby pics. I always thought Mike was the cutest Mum-and-Dad baby.

Pat MacKenzie said...

yes, he's missing the classic "Mikey loves chocolate" picture from the cookbook I made.

Melissa said...

oh I love seeing goofy Jake pics, LOL, you gave me a good laugh! thanks!