Monday, December 15, 2008

Little Known Facts

Here's a list of things that you might not know about me:

I hate being late, so I'm usually 15-20 minutes early for everything.

I only ever roll over in one direction in bed. Rolling over the other way just feels wrong.

I once urinated on a dead monkey.

I still feel guilty about a lie I told my parents when I was nine years old. Although, in retrospect, I think they might have known I was lying at the time.

I once ate a plate of spaghetti full of dead ants, and I knew the ants were in it before I ate it. This was near the end of my mission in the Philippines, and I was really hungry, and I wasn't about to throw away a huge plate of spaghetti.

If I look at a clock and it reads 11:11, I have to stare at it until it changes to 11:12.

Whenever I hear a comedian or a TV show joking about how hard it is to assemble furniture and follow the instructions from stores like Ikea, I get really mad, because that kind of stuff is really easy to me, and it just seems to me that they're blaming their own idiocy on other people.

When I worked at Thriftlodge, I was never in a good mood while at work. My mood varied between mildly irritated and apoplectic.

My torso is very long in relation to my legs.

Nothing (besides certain people) brings me more joy than a new pen.

I hate it when people call Thanksgiving "Turkey Day".

Whenever I get a new watch, it needs a new battery within a week.

Quite often when I listen to music, I tap my fingers in a specific pattern to each syllable being sung: index finger, thumb, middle finger, index finger, ring finger, middle finger, pinky, ring finger. I can't stop until a phrase ends on the last ring finger of the pattern.

I eat that big piece of cartilage in chicken breasts.

I love the smell of grocery stores.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do a similar thing with finger tapping. I always thought I was slightly OCD.

Can you come over sometime and put my elliptical machine together? It's in a big box in my front entrance and I have absolutely no plans of putting it together.

Emtron said...

I was going to say something about the finger tapping but Sara beat me to it. Mine's not just with music though, I have to do it pretty much constantly, in specific patterns, and often to a phrase in my head. Are we just a bunch of weirdos, or is this something everyone does?

Sara, I'll put together your elliptical machine, that's another way Mike and I are alike :)

Michael MacKenzie said...

Thanks, Em, now I don't have to feel bad about not going to Edmonton to put together the elliptical machine. As for the finger-tapping, I have met another person who does the same pattern that I do.

Anonymous said...

I used to have to tap out everything my teachers said. I'd get stressed out if I got behind.
This must be genetic!

I will take anybody up on their offer of putting my elliptical together. At this point, I just want the huge box out of my front entrance!
It IS a great excuse not to exercise, however..

Anonymous said...

11:11 is the coolest time. And "Turkey Day" immediately makes me mad. Cartilege Mike? That's worse than the ants.

Anonymous said...

noway, 12:34 is the coolest time

Pat MacKenzie said...

I hate the 'turkey day' name too...and what lie did you tell your parents when you were nine? I didn't know Emily had your talent for putting things together and I've known her all my life.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Oops. I mean I've known Emily all HER life.

Greg said...

Not to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but I have finger tapped a chinese jumprope routine since the 6th grade. In, out, in, side, in, side, in, on, in, out. I always thought its why I type so fast. Weird.

Greg said...

I can also put things together well but I dont like to, so don't ask.