Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Band Names

Man, I'm lazy with my blog lately. This is the second entry in a row that is just pulled off of the Mo-Board.

Just for fun, I have compiled of lists of quotes from conversations I've had online that I think would make good band names. The name in parentheses is who said it. Band names with a * indicate names that Avril and I have used in Guitar Hero or Rock Band:

*Comfort of the Damned (me) Explanation: I was making the argument that Hell was on fire so that people could see while underground. The exact quote was "They were really thinking of the comfort of the damned when they designed that place."
Noah and the Cats (Heidi) Explanation: Heidi was simply talking about Noah and their cats.
*Suzy Ho-Bag (Heidi) Explanation: Heidi was using the name Suzy Ho-Bag as a general term for any woman of ill-refute.
Godlike Teeth (Noah) Explanation: Noah was bragging about his perfect teeth.
All Hail Hyper (Sean) Explanation: I forget what exactly we were talking about, but Hyper is me (short for hyperferrianism), and Sean was being sarcastic.
He's Estreeeeeemely Handsome (Heidi) Explanation: Heidi was calling Noah extremely handsome.
*Psychic Mind Twins (Heidi) Explanation: Heidi has said this often, both online and in real life. She and I have similar senses of humor, and we'll often come up with the same joke at the same time. We are, therefore, "psychic mind twins".
Dudeman (Noah/me) Explanation: This is actually what Noah and I called each other when we were roommates. I forget who said it first.
*Just Regular Rape (Mindy) Explanation: Mindy was talking about the differences between date-rape, spouse-rape, and "just regular rape". I found it morbidly amusing that she marginalized such a horrible thing as rape by adding "just regular" to it.
Duke of Sarc (Noah) Explanation: I said something sarcastic, and Noah dubbed me the Duke of Sarc.
*Your Face is a Metaphor (me) Explanation: A running joke on the Mo-Board is using "your face is..." as a comeback. If someone were to say, for example, "That dog is ugly" someone would come back with "your face is ugly!" In this instance, someone said something was a metaphor, and I came back with "your face is a metaphor!" No, it doesn't really make sense, but that's why it's funny.
Toxic Breastpump (Heidi) Explanation: this was in reference to the whole plastic-baby-products-that-cause-cancer scare not too long ago.
Mad Head Hyper (aklady--not sure what her real name is) Explanation: Mad is Heidi (short for mad misky), Head is Noah (short for headolence), and, as I explained earlier, I'm Hyper. The three of us hadn't been on the Mo-Board in a while, and aklady was wondering where we were. She said, "Where are the Canadians? Mad, Head, Hyper?" I just dropped the punctuation.
F-words and Boobies (me) Explanation: one of the other members of the Mo-Board mentioned that he always made sure that his hotel had HBO before he checked in. Heidi asked what was so great about HBO, and I facetiously answered: "F-words and boobies."

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

just regular rape made me laugh
and what's the mo-board?

Michael MacKenzie said...

Oh, sorry. The Mo-Board is the message board that Noah, Heidi, and I belong to.

Anonymous said...

Noah and the Cats -- it's so Biblical, got that flood thing going on. I thought Comfort of the Damned was supposed to be, like, the opposite of "sorrowing of the damned." My Guitar hero band is called "Leaf Society."

Anonymous said...

what does "Mo" stand for

Michael MacKenzie said...

Mormon. We shortened it to "Mo" because the board, while it started out as a Mormon-centered discussion board, is now just a general-interest board.

Unknown said...

You're welcome to join, sara!

Oh brother. I'm advertising on your blog!

Arkwelder said...

"ill-refute"? Well, I guess that's only sutely wrong. So why doesn't anybody in your immediate fam-mo subscribe to your blog?

Arkwelder said...

Well...except Mary. As if...

Michael MacKenzie said...

I don't think Sara would like the Mo-Board, Andrew.

Anonymous said...

It won't let me subscribe! I've tried! Maybe Mike has blocked me.

Michael MacKenzie said...

I haven't blocked anyone.

Arkwelder said...

I happen to have the inside scoop. He totally blocked you.

Oh, and Mike, you should make it so your comments are posted on your main page. That would make you cool for a poor guy like me who has slow Internet.

Anonymous said...

I like how I can hear everyone's voice in my head when I read the comments -- except Andrew. I just make yours up (sorry about the vibrato).

Michael MacKenzie said...

Noah, maybe if you didn't have a slow internet connection you wouldn't be a poor guy with a slow internet connection. Also, tell Jen what Andrew's voice sounds like.