Sunday, October 26, 2008

Executive Week




We just spent the week in Edmonton for what's called "Executive Week" for all of the Alberta Municipal Affairs interns. It kept me quite busy, but I enjoyed most of it. I've connected more with my fellow interns, and I got to meet a lot more people involved in local government. On Monday, the interns had dinner with Ray Danyluk, the Minister of Municipal Affairs. He's a very charismatic man. I liked him. In fact, if he were the leader of the Conservative party, I might vote Conservative.

As is custom for whenever I visit Edmonton, I got sick. So did Alex and Kenny. That made for a few nights of terrible sleep. We're still not quite over it, but we're on the mend.

The boys had some time to play with their cousins. Kenny and Max clashed over trains, but things went well for the most part.

We stayed an extra day so that we could join in the celebration of Dad's 59th birthday. It wasn't a big party, but it was nice to be around for it. I miss a lot of the family birthdays being one of the out-of-towner kids.

Scroll down to the "On the Move Part II" entry to see pictures of the house we're moving into.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max is always so excited to see Kenny

Michael MacKenzie said...

And Kenny is always excited to see Max.

Greg said...

and I'm just so happy to see the both of them :)

Anonymous said...

What were you sick with? We have that tradition too.

Michael MacKenzie said...

It was a cold. Or maybe the flu. I can never tell the difference.

Pat MacKenzie said...

We enjoyed your visit Mike - Kenny got over his shyness with me, and that always makes me feel good.