Monday, October 13, 2008

Calling

The second councilor of the branch presidency/elder's quorum president was release yesterday at church because he's moving to Red Deer. They called someone to be the second councilor, but the elder's quorum president spot was left open. After sacrament meeting, Bruce Woodruff from the high council (who, I understand, grew up across the street from Curtis in Olds) ask to speak with me and Avril for a minute. "Oh, crap," I thought. "They're going to make me elder's quorum president." Fortunately, I was wrong. They called me to be the seminary teacher. I'm actually looking forward to that.

5 comments:

Pat MacKenzie said...

That's a pretty cool calling Mike. You'll be good at it. Do you have early-morning Seminary? I hope not because then you might not be so good at it :)

Michael MacKenzie said...

I have once-a-week after church seminary.

Anonymous said...

Are you a seminary grad? Anders didn't believe I was and I had to produce my certificate. What the crap?

Michael MacKenzie said...

Nope. I only took two years.

Anonymous said...

I'm a seminary grad! Probably the only thing I've graduated!