Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Internship Wrap-Up

After work last Tuesday, we went up to Edmonton for the last of three conferences for the Alberta Municipal Interns. I enjoyed meeting up with my fellow interns, and it's too bad that this was our last official time getting together. I will, however, see most of them again in two weeks for the Local Government Administrators Association convention in Red Deer. The highlight of the three-day conference was the tour of the Alberta Legislature Building. We got the public servants' tour, which is supposedly better than the normal tour. Having never been on the normal tour, I'm not sure what we got to see that most people don't get to see. I didn't have my camera with me, but I should be getting pictures sent to me by the people in charge of the Internship, which I will post here once I receive them.
When I wasn't networking, I got to hang out with Sara and her family. (Mum, too, but I don't have any pictures of her.) Above is Alex and Eloise watching TV from behind bars.
We had Swiss Chalet twice while we were up there. It's my favourite restaurant, and the closest one is in Calgary (gag!). Alex and Kenny were both being very cute. Kenny especially was not being his usual shy self and was showing off how cute and smart he is.
For any of you who follow Sara's blog, you already read about Kenny, Max, and Charlie playing tag, so I won't tell you about it again. Just enjoy the pictures.

We came home Saturday afternoon, and I went back to work on Monday. I had been working in Three Hills since the second week of December, and this is my first week back in Trochu in a while. I won't work in Three Hills again. The rest of my internship will be in Trochu, with the exception of next week, which I will be spending in Picture Butte.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of fun! when are you coming again?

Pat MacKenzie said...

Nice to visit with you guys again Mike. Good luck in Picture Butte

Anonymous said...

WE're going to dino museum the last week of March. Can we mee t you for dinner on our way home? What day of the week would be best?

Michael MacKenzie said...

Last week of March, you say? That would work for me, as long as it's not Monday.

Anonymous said...

How about Tuesday? When will you be back at home from work that night?

Michael MacKenzie said...

I'll be home around 5:00, but Avril will be there all day. Also, are we talking Tuesday the 24th or Tuesday the 31st?

Anonymous said...

The 31st.