Monday, March 16, 2009

Picture Butte

I spent last week down in Picture Butte for what Dad calls a "job audition." And the audition went well. I awed them with my grant-application-writing skills, and they offered me a job as Assistant Administrator. (No, not Assistant to the Administrator.) Picture Butte is a nice little town 20 minutes north of Lethbridge, and the town's staff is fairly small. They have a great bakery, and a good golf course. I start May 11. Since I was offered the job, Avril and the boys have stayed down south to look for a place to live. If we can buy a place, that'll be great, but I've been told that banks these days won't give you a mortgage until you've been working at your current job for six months, so we'll probably end up renting Mum and Dad's retirement house in Lethbridge until we're allowed to buy. In the meantime, I'm living like a bachelor if bachelors had nice family houses. This involves eating poorly, playing Rock Band 2 really loud, being lonely, and sleeping great. Most of this week will actually be spent at the Local Government Administrators Association convention in Red Deer, anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!

Zac Erickson said...

Loud music? Sounds like old times! How do you like my- wait...that was a different, less appropriate memory.

Michael MacKenzie said...

Aaaaaaaahhhhh!!

Pat MacKenzie said...

That's so great Mike. Picture Butte is a nice little town.

Greg said...

Very exciting Mike, congratulations