Thursday, April 1, 2010

Take THAT, Arizona!

I had some time between appointments for work yesterday, so I went for a walk through the coulees. I headed up this path:
All of these pictures I'm showing you were taken with my phone, so please forgive the poor quality. Anyway, as I was walking up the path, I saw something growing on the north slope:
Cactus! Since Mum's always going to Arizona and taking pictures of cacti, I figured I should do the same on my quick little Lethbridge adventure. I also took this picture of the High Level Bridge:
And I took this picture. You can see Highway 3 in the distance close to where the turn-off you take to get to Picture Butte:

3 comments:

Sara_HB said...

Nice pictures, but "Take that, Arizona"??? How big was that cactus..like 1 inch x 1 inch?? In Arizona the cactus can be bigger than our pine trees.
You should come visit. :-)

Pat MacKenzie said...

Nice Mike. I didn't know we had cacti in Alberta - certainly none in High Level!

Unknown said...

Pretty pictures!