Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Roommates


It's funny. When a man gets fired, chronicling his life is one of the last things he wants to do. Hence the complete abandonment of my blog for well over a month. Pretty much everyone knows that I lost my job in Picture Butte, so I won't dwell on it. Let's just say that I'm now in Edmonton, returning to Photo Gift World as the Retail General Manager. I'm living in Sara's basement while Avril and the boys remain in Picture Butte for now. They'll move up here to join me sometime in the new year.

Sara was nice enough to give me her old camera, which is a very nice one, so I figured now that I have a camera nicer than my cell phone, I should return to blogging.
The house that Sara and her family live in is the house that my parents lived in when I was in my early 20s. I'm back in my old room, the last room that I ever stayed in while living with my parents. The walls are even still the same colour that I painted them back in 2001, and some of the furniture (the night stand in the above picture, for instance) is even the same furniture I had used since I was 13. I must admit, it's rather strange. It's almost like I've slipped back through time: I'm living like a single man in my old room with my old furniture in my old hometown.

Although, there is one difference this time: I have roommates.
Sara's two young cats, Percy and Mickey, get locked downstairs with my every night, and they like to keep me company.
Like I said, they're young cats, just barely out of kittenhood, but they've begun to mature. I've caught them starting to have sex on my bed three times now. One of those times was at 5:00 in the morning, and they were on my legs. I break them up each time, but who knows what they're up to when I'm not around? I reported this to Sara. Poor Percy doesn't know what's in store for him now.

9 comments:

sara said...

yaa, sorry about that

Zac Erickson said...

MIKEY BOY!!! Cat sex stories remind me of dog sex stories from the Philippines. :)

Michael MacKenzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael MacKenzie said...

I aim to please, Zac.

Unknown said...

Those are cute kitties!

Pat MacKenzie said...

I'm blogging about the kittens tonight.

seashmore said...

I love the picture of the cat and the mouse. :)

Emtron said...

Haha, it didn't occur to me that you were getting stuck with the kitties every night. They'll be fixed soon!

JQ said...

Nice.