Sunday, September 20, 2009

Five Years

September 17, 2009 marked the fifth anniversary of my marriage to Avril. A lot has happened in those five years. We've lived in seven different homes in five different towns. We have two wonderful sons and a third child on the way. I started and completed college, worked in two motels, and now I'm an assistant municipal administrator. On the whole, it's been a great five years, and I love Avril more today than on the day I married her.
To celebrate, Avril and I spent the weekend at her parents' cabin near Crowsnest Pass. Don and Evelyn were nice enough to watch Kenny and Alex for us, so we got to have some quality alone time. On Saturday, we went to see nearby Lundbreck Falls. We forgot to take our real camera, so all of the pictures are fairly poor quality because they were taken with my phone. Please, please forgive me. I'm so, so sorry.
The falls were beautiful, and the weather was nice. We had fun. We got to look from several different angles, too, and we climbed right down into the canyon they were in.
The rest of the weekend was blessedly relaxing. I did all of the cooking. I love cooking over an open fire. Those steaks were amazing! We took a canoe out on the lake, but after five minutes, a strong wind came up and blew us back to the dock. We read, played board games, I did crossword puzzles while Avril did Sudoku, and we watched The Office season 5 DVDs on my laptop.

5 comments:

JQ said...

And how many times were you involved in armed robberies during those 5 years?

Michael MacKenzie said...

Only one, technically. The second guy wasn't robbing me.

Greg said...

Kid free weekend?! I am green green green with envy.

Pat MacKenzie said...

It's so nice that you were able to get away together like that...who cares if the pictures are blurry! The little guys probably enjoyed the break too.

sara said...

Sounds like fun. I did N-O-T-H-I-N-G for my anniversary on Sunday. I forgot ours were so close together.